Jeff’s Heroes Rules and Regulations
Free Car and Cash Giveaway Terms and Conditions
JEFF SCHMITT AUTO GROUP
PROMOTIONAL Giveaway OFFER
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Promotional Offer: This Promotional Offer (known as “Jeff’s Heroes”) allows an eligible nominee finalist a chance to win a motor vehicle and a cash prize with a total value not to exceed $30,000.00. The “Nomination Period” shall run from November 1, 2021 through November 19, 2021. Eligible persons nominated will receive a chance to win a motor vehicle, to be selected by the successful nominee from the sponsor’s then existing inventory, with a sales price not to exceed $20,000 plus a cash prize in the amount of $10,000, less applicable income and sales taxes, financing, extended warranty plans, documentation fees, accessories, finance charges, or vehicle protection products. Maximum prize amount is $30,000.00. Only one prize inclusive of a vehicle and cash will be awarded. No purchase is necessary. The sponsor of Jeff’s Heroes is Jeff Schmitt Auto Group (hereinafter “Jeff Schmitt”), 1001 N. Broad Street, Fairborn, Ohio 45324.
- Eligibility: Nominees to Jeff’s Heroes may be any person who resides within fifty (50) miles of the sponsor’s corporate office in Fairborn, Ohio, and who is eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of their nomination. Eligible nominations are limited to the first 300 qualifying names submitted. Immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, child, stepchild, grandchild, parent, stepparent, grandparents, mother-in-law, father-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister) of any employee of Jeff Schmitt and its affiliates, and any household members of any such employee, are ineligible to participate. By electing to participate, persons submitting nominations agree and consent to all of the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- Entry: Nominations may be made only on the sponsor’s website, jeffdeals.com, using the fillable form available on the website. Other forms or means of submission of nominations will not be considered. No one may nominate themselves. No nominations will be accepted before November 1 or after expiration of the Nomination Period on November 19, 2021. Only the first 300 qualified nominations submitted will be eligible for the motor vehicle and cash prize.
- Selection and Delivery: Between November 20 and November 26, 2021, a committee of Jeff Schmitt employees appointed by Jeff Schmitt management will verify the nominations and vote on which eligible nominee should receive the award. Each member of the committee may exercise his or her discretion as to the vote based on the information provided in the nomination. The five (5) nominees receiving the most votes will be designated as the finalists. The finalists will be notified of their selection by Jeff Schmitt and must agree in writing to the terms and conditions stated herein to be further considered for the prize.Between December 4 and December 18, 2021, public voting will take place on the jeffdeals.com website to select the winner from among the five finalists. Any person with a valid email address may submit a vote but only one vote per day per valid email address may be submitted. The public votes will be compiled by Jeff Schmitt.
Between December 25, 2021 and January 31, 2022, the winner of Jeff’s Heroes will be notified by Jeff Schmitt and announced on the sponsor’s website, on social media and through local media.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible nominations received during the Nomination Period. One (1) prize is available in the amounts specified herein, not to exceed $30,000.00. Finalists and the winner will be notified by telephone, regular U.S. mail, or email. Jeff Schmitt will make all reasonable efforts to notify finalists and the winner within the three (3) business days following selection. The finalists and the winner must respond to the notifications by contacting Jeff Schmitt by telephone at the number indicated or appearing in person at any Jeff Schmitt location during normal business hours. If a finalist does not contact Jeff Schmitt within forty-eight (48) hours of the last notification attempt made by Jeff Schmitt that finalist will forfeit any right to further participate in Jeff’s Heroes and the Promotion will proceed without that finalist or any replacement therefor.
If, after reasonable efforts are made to notify the selected winner, the winner fails to respond within forty-eight (48) hours after the last notification attempt made by Jeff Schmitt, the selected winner’s prize will be forfeited and the finalist who received the second highest number of votes in the public voting will be designated the alternate winner. All of the foregoing notification and response terms and conditions shall apply to the alternate winner. If, after reasonable efforts to notify the alternate winner, the alternate winner fails to respond in accordance with the foregoing, the alternate winner will forfeit the prize. Thereafter, in accordance with the foregoing terms, Jeff Schmitt will make one additional selection of a potential winner. If the second alternate winner fails to come forward in compliance with these terms and conditions, the prize will be considered unclaimed and will not be awarded. Once a winner is notified and has come forward to claim the prize in accordance with the foregoing, the winner must accept the prize in person and as instructed by Jeff Schmitt. The cash prize will be disbursed by check made payable to the winner less taxes, title, fees, extended warranty plans, documentation fees, accessories, finance charges, and vehicle protection products. If the winner elects to apply the value of the vehicle prize or cash prize or both to purchase a vehicle from Jeff Schmitt with a sales price higher than $20,000, the winner will be responsible to promptly pay any additional charges To Jeff Schmitt or must arrange financing for that amount. No prize will be disbursed or delivered until all funds have cleared and the financing lienholder, if any, has fully funded the purchase.
The winner is required to complete an IRS Form W-9 at the time of acceptance to provide all required personal information, including full name, address, date of birth, and social security number. The winner is responsible for any applicable federal, state, and local taxes, including sales tax, resulting from receipt of the prize. The winner may be required to complete additional documents necessary for disbursement of the prize in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Conditions: By signing the participation forms, the winner agrees and hereby gives consent to Jeff Schmitt and its affiliates to use of the winner’s likeness, including the winner’s first name and last initial, photograph, voice, recorded video footage, address (city and state only), and any statement, for marketing and other advertising or publicity purposes, without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. If the winner fails or refuses to sign and return all required documents as set forth herein, the winner may be disqualified and an alternative winner selected in accordance with Section 4 above. Jeff Schmitt reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant who in any manner tampers with, or attempts to tamper with, the selection process or this Promotional Offer. Jeff Schmitt is not responsible for any errors, incomplete or illegible information contained in the nomination forms or any errors or delays resulting from the actions or inactions of any participant or any third parties. Jeff Schmitt makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding this Promotional Offer and hereby expressly disclaims the same. Jeff Schmitt reserves the right to cancel this Promotional Offer at any time without notice.
- General Provisions: The participants acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions constitute the final and complete agreement governing the Promotional Offer. No other agreements or representations, oral or written, will be given effect. No modification, waiver, amendment, or change of these Terms and Conditions are valid absent the express written consent of Jeff Schmitt. If any provision in this Promotional Offer is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining portions shall be unaffected and shall remain in full force and effect.
- Governing Law: The construction and interpretation of Jeff’s Heroes and the rights and obligations of any party in connection with this Promotional Offer shall be governed by the laws of the state of Ohio. As a participant, the undersigned does hereby agree that he or she has read and understands the foregoing Terms and Conditions and agrees to abide by said Terms and Conditions in order to participate in this Promotional Offer.